i heart learning

i heart learning

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

happy birthday blog!

happy birthday blog.
One year ago today you were born.
if you were a human you would be taking your first steps any day now.
you would look like this:

hi mom
You would eat with a spoon, get food all over your face, and have separation anxiety when i left your sight.

And I would have a serious charge against me for child neglect. no blogging since October. me bad.

a year passes fast doesn't it?

It feels like just yesterday I was toasting fake champagne to my 28th birthday -  but now here I am in my last year pre 30. I have but one more year of learnings left to blog as a 20-something. follow me.

so lets get started - and toast some phony bubbly to my blog return.


I assure you - it will not be as cheesy as other sequels you may have seen in the past.  Dirty Dancing Havana Nights or Land before Time part XVI this is not.

Today I learned that in order to be president of the United States you must be at least 35 years old.
So if I were a man, born american, and knew anything about american politics - i would still have to wait 6 years before i could lead the US and have SNL skits made about me.

Im 35+
The youngest president to date was Theodore Roosevelt - who was 42 years old, 10 months, 18 days (probably 6 hours and 47 seconds) when he became the head cheese. JFK was 43 years, 236 days.

I also learned that when you are president, people care enough to calculate how long you have been on this planet to the day.


1 comment: