i heart learning

i heart learning

Sunday, July 17, 2011

sail away

Ahoy Matey,


I'm beceye the sailor woman.
To start - i require you to listen to today's theme song below as you read the rest of this blog entry.


As Enya suggests repeatedly in her song, today I sailed away, sailed away, sailed away for the first time in my life. I went with my crew mates: Captain Rob-inson, Jess Sparrow and Long Jenn Silver.

***pics to come***

We got off to a 4 hour late start, due to an unforeseen motor issue and no wind to sail - but eventually we made it out to the clear blue sea brown muddy lake at around 5pm.

It was glorious.
It was superb.
It was the funnest thing I have done since posing as a pirate on dry land in Jamaica, as you see above. That was a blast.

Captain Rob-inson even taught me how to use the paddle steering thingy, (paddle steering thingy may not be exactly the correct term - but my mind could not learn 2 things at once) and I got the hang of catching the wind in the sails and going forward full speed ahead.

We did not eat spinach or get anchor tattoos on our forearms, but Popeye would have been proud nonetheless.

Look at us go!


(this is not us per se. But i am fairly certain we looked just like this - minus the blue water)

I can't wait to invite myself for the next excursion!

Incidentally - I also learned the importance of wearing a proper bathing suit when one asks you to sail. That way you won't have to strip down to your bra to swim at the local Yacht club. Lesson learned.

1 comment:

  1. "Sail Away" is just begging for a literal video version on youtube. What the heck is she saying?

    And welcome home, matey!

    ReplyDelete