i heart learning

i heart learning

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

peek-a-bambi

Today I taught myself a new painting technique in photoshop...

'Peek-a-Bambi'
Click to enlarge
***copyrightbeccaarsenault2011***
how to create an abstract wooded area, and I'm very happy with the result.

I've named it 'watermark.' as you can see.
Not.
I've named it 'Peek-a-bambi.'

It started out as a flower patch - but I eventually surrendered to the voice of my digital paintbrush and bambi - and let my intuition do the work. It was the first time an art piece truly 'spoke' to me as I worked on it. I felt like Van Gogh - despite still having both of my ears.

Becca Van Arse - 2011
And it is no coincidence that I had been watching a Bob Ross 'Joy of Painting' rereun less than an hour beforehand. He had a live squirrel on set today.


This ol' hippie still has some post 80s inspiration in him yet!

Anyone wanna buy 'Peek-a-Bambi? (without the watermark of course)
***approximately 6x4 ft digital paint on canvas***

3 comments:

  1. I wish to learn, oh master...

    ...and also, can you see that pretty tree over there? Just a happy little tree. There you are. A happy tree with branches. And maybe...a little squirrel. Right there. In the back. A happy squirrel. Isn't that nice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...yes, how happy this little tree is. there are no mistakes - only happy accidents...think about the roots of the tree, the life, the water....everyone is happy. Let's get crazy today and paint a little dog wagging his tale at the beautiful tree. that's it. so happy.

    Bob Ross is the poster boy for valium

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you can't deny it kinda makes you want to enjoy every insignificant piece of life a little more, doesn't it?

    Wouldn't it be hilarious if he used to go all Christian Bale on the lighting assistant between takes? And then effortlessly snap back?

    ReplyDelete