i heart learning

i heart learning

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

learn something every day

Well this is a bummer!
Today I discovered a website sorta like this one. Only they've been posting learns since September 2009 - which means they would win in a 'post your learn' originality contest. boo-hoo-hoo. I am not as original and clever as I have been selling myself the past three months.

This is like the time I thought I invented the book idea about eavesdroppping and writing down people's funny conversations - but when I pitched it to Thomas he said the idea was old news - and already existed in a book called 'Entendue a Montreal.' Shucks - always a bridesmaid, I am - never the bride. Never.

Please don't tell me someone has marketed my idea for working out your abs by singing in the car. Or for remaking the 'banana splits adventure show.'

I will plug the 'learn something every day' website anyways because I do like it, even though I will cry myself to sleep later when I think about how they have published their cute learn pictures into a book you can buy on amazon.

http://www.learnsomethingeveryday.co.uk/

Today I learned from their post that the color red makes you hungry.


Which makes sense because I crave skittles everytime I see that red package. And immediately after seeing this picture above I began Jonesing for a PB & J sandwich, and had to just take a break to bite a bagel on my kitchen counter.

2 comments:

  1. Historically, there have been many times when a similar discovery has been made simultaneously in different parts of the world. If you began your learning blog through your own creativity, you have as much right to the idea as others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca, you may not have been first, but that "other site", I am sure can not come close to your passion and originality. I tried to find a perfect quote for you and your blog and came up with something that Enzo Ferrari said:
    "I don't sell cars; I sell engines. The cars I throw in for free since something has to hold the engines in". I have no clue what thhis quote has to do with "I Love Learning", but I like the quote. L.O.L.

    ReplyDelete