i heart learning

i heart learning

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ice terosion

Today i learned the reason why my car cupholder had become an ice tea pond.
About a week ago I got an ice tea at subway with my ham-swiss-mustard-all dressed-no-cucumber-non-toasted-flatbread sandwich to go. (Even just typing in my order gives me an instant craving. What I would do for an S-way 5, 5 dollar, 5 dollar footlong this instant!)


As usual, the drink came in their classic to go cup - those cardboardy ones that you can scrape wax off with your fingernails.

Molly the Beetle's front cupholders can only fit things that are no taller than a can of soda, because the dashboard hangs over it. So very annoying.



So I didn't even sip it once before placing it in the backseat cupholder - and because I never really look in the back of the car...there it sat for an entire week, forgotten. Dang that dash!

When I finally pulled it out of the cupholder to throw away yesterday there was ice tea everywhere: floating in the cup, the cupholder, dripping onto the floor mats....it was as if I had an ice tea fight, and all my passengers were invited....a very sticky situation.

What the h-e-double hockey sticks was that drink doing all over the car?

I could understand had the ice texplosion happened due to my erratic out of control driving. But I have abided by my mother's strict rule of driving the old gal with care. So not to plagiarize Shaggy or anything but - 'it wasn't me!'

Today I did some Sherlock sleuthing came up with the only possible explanation. And that is that the ice tea simply ATE the cup. While I was busy munching on my delicious 5, 5 dollar, 5 dollar footlong, my ice tea was busy munching away the waxy cup like a flesh-eating disease with its sweet acidic poison.

I have heard that soft drinks and the like were extremely bad for whittling away your teeth enamel. And my witnessing this defenceless cup not having a chance first hand proves that it is not just some scare tactic that Evian put out there to increase their sales.

ixnay on the iskBray.
I learned it is a once-in-a-while treat to be drank immediately followed by vigorous toothbrushing. And it is not to be left unsupervised.

No comments:

Post a Comment