i heart learning

i heart learning

Sunday, May 15, 2011

belly becs

today i got my middle eastern on and busted some belly dance moves! And I learned them from a real live belly dancer!

I went to Colin's 30th birthday party tonight - and his ever-so-lovely fiance Laura had the most amazing idea of hiring a belly dancer as a bachelor party preview.

It was awesome.


Everyone at the party took turns getting their groove on with the drop dead gorgeous dancer. So of course when it was my turn to gyrate i did my best to make Shakira proud. Hips don't lie!

***REAL PIC TO COME IF JOJO CAN EVER FIGURE OUT HOW TO SEND HIS CELL PHONE PIC TO MY EMAIL.***


Not only did I learn some new dance moves for my next dance party, I learned that belly dancing is really hard work! I had no more than 2 minutes in me before I had to pant my way over to the refreshment stand to recuperate. My abs haven't worked that hard since my days of virtual hula hoop on the wii. I predict six weeks for a six pack.

Belly dancers definitely trump pinatas as the ultimate party favor. good call Laura.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is the best thing to pass the time when up at 2:45 am jet lagged! Glad to see Perth got a mention!
    Who cares if if I should be in bed ATTEMPTING to sleep as I have to be up for work in 3-&-bit hrs? I am sipping from the cup of your wisdom that my job does not supply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KATE!
    so happy you've tuned in!
    was great to see you and Tim, keep in touch!

    did you go to TAMTAMS on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete