i heart learning

i heart learning

Monday, April 25, 2011

President's choice

Today I learned that the 'President's Choice' ice cream is really just the 'Chapman's' ice cream undercover: totally and completely the same recipes, tastes and colors. Not even the packaging is different, just the label design.

The friend of the brother of a woman working at the Chapman's factory told me this as I was gobbling it down today, as if i hadn't just eaten half a pig, potatos, parsnips and pauliflour for Easter supper (The P alliteration there was just too good to ruin with a C).

I don't discriminate. I would eat ice cream even if it came from a little blue ziplock inside Jeffrey Dahmer's freezer. So the 'PC' brand is just fine and dandy with me.

Pass me the ice cream...right there between the skin tags and the  man parts

I know you no-name advocates are feeling a great sense of vindication right now, thinking this Chapman's thing proves that the nameless stuff is just as good as the brand stuff. I have to admit it's great ammunition for the next time Nelson gives me the stink eye when serving up a pate chinois from the signature yellow box.

But before you start doing the 'I told you so' dance, know that it is but a small victory. No name has a long way to go before it can compete with all brands. The real victory will be when the President Chooses to make some high quality toilet paper or Q-tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment