i heart learning

i heart learning

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

cold feet

I have cold feet.
Not about getting engaged - for that my feet are very very warm.
I mean literally.
My feet are seriously cold. And they have been this way since 1995. I am always searching for ways to get them warm - I burned a hole in my sock one night when I slept with a hot hands pack.

Tonight I learned a home remedy trick that I am testing out right now!

Step 1
get your pepper grinder and a pair of socks ready.


Step 2
pull a Snooki and get grinding! Don't forget to shake your sock like a polaroid picture after.

video

Step 3
Oh yes. Time to put your footsie in that sock! We aren't making puppets, here. (on the counter is optional)

video

Step 4
Repeat with your other foot, rub them together and wait for the magic to happen.

The home remedy also suggests that cayenne pepper will do the trick - but I'm afraid you might get a two-for-one special with that one: red hot feet and red hot stains all over the place.

I do feel a slight warming sensation, kinda nice - but nothing that is going to properly melt these ice cubes. This pepper trick might be best after a hot foot soak, to keep feet warm.

Tonight I'm going to bed with salted licorice in my mouth and peppered feet in my socks.

3 comments:

  1. Becca how did you not know that? I used to that before going skiing. I would put it in my boots though. i think i even put it in my skates sometimes, but barefoot

    nels XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get one of those bags that you can heat up for a sore neck - you know the ones filled with beans or oatmeal...I think they are called magic bags at the pharmacy nuke it and stick it on your feet, I sleep with mine...course now that I'm older it causes hot flashes but my feet are warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my oatmeal pack is too busy nursing my always-ever-so-sore-neck! time to get some more - great idea!

    ReplyDelete