i heart learning

i heart learning

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

'cause my ha-ma-na-ma-nnaaaayy

On my way to Molly's oil change today, I gave a my abs a good workout singing along to Britney Spears' 'I'm a Slave for You' pumping on my iPod. 

It is my favorite Britney song because of the little nintendo noises in the background. It's like I am collecting coins, blowing warp whistles and green pipe travelling all at the same time.

The 'I'm a Slave' lyrics are not hard to remember (and for those with Stockholm's syndrome they should be even easier), but there is that one line that is undecipherable. 




Aren't you curious to know what that means? When it gets to that part I just sing 'cause my ha-ma-na-ma-nnaaaayy!' because that is what it sounds like. And although it is popular to make songs with phonetic sounds like Annie Lennox's 'do-be-do-be-do-do-do  ahhuhhh' or Rihanna's 'umbrella, ella, ella, a, a, a - I do not think this was Britney's intention. 

Maybe once the mumbled lyric is interpreted it will prove Britney is deeper than Deepak. It could be some profound statement that's been buried under nintendo beeps since 2001. I must know!

So today learning the proper lyrics  to 'I'm a Slave for You' was at the top of my list.
Here is what a Britney Spears Whisperer posted online.

Baby, don’t you wanna, dance upon me, 
(I just wanna dance next to you) 
To another time and place. 
Baby, don’t you wanna, dance upon me, 
(Are you ready) 
Leaving behind my name, my age. 

uh huh. Deepak she is not. It appears the slurred code lyrics 'cause my ha-ma-na-ma-nnaaaayy!' translate to I'm a naughty underage girl who shouldn't sing about being naughty and underage. 


That being said, I still love her.


... and I still love when people sing the lyrics to any song wrong. For those of your who do not know, Elton John's song is about a tiny dancer, not a Tony Danza.

No comments:

Post a Comment