i heart learning

i heart learning

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dali meat

America fell in love with Dali in the late 20s.
I fell in love with Dali tonight.
I have always thought he was a beautiful artist. I am especially inspired by his lighting techniques.

But tonight I saw and learned about one of his favorite paintings for the first time.

Dali Meat (not to be confused with deli meat)

This is a portrait of his 2 favorite things - lambchops and his wife. His inspiration was as simple as that - he loved meat. He loved his wife. He loved to have them in the same space.
I would love to explore this further.
At this exact moment in time, these are my favorite things.


If you would like to buy this gorgeous one-of-a-kind artpiece, please contact me and let me know you are interested in 'i love nelson wearing a dali moustache while holding popeyes.' Watch out for my other pieces, 'My PVR taping CASH MAN commercials' or 'Stella wearing yellow diamonds and dancing to Rihanna.'
I also take requests if you must have your favorites all in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment