i heart learning

i heart learning

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

AQ-THIS!

So we have here two frenchies entries in a row.

If I was playing 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire,' and the question for $1,000,000 was 'What kind of province is Quebec?'

A. Unilingual
B. Bilingual
C. Trilingual
D. Non-lingual

I wouldn't have needed to even phone a friend before choosing B and screaming 'final answer, Meredith!'

Oh, snap! I'm sorry - that is NOT the correct answer!

And just like that, I would have lost $1,000,000.
It has been almost 16 years since I moved to this province. I think that is enough time to have supposed to have known that Quebec is considered a unilingual province - french only! But embarrassingly enough, I did not know this. And not only did I just not know - but I would have sold my first-born imaginary child in a bet that Q was B.

How could I have only learned this today?

It came about when I was expressing my unimpressedness in the AQTIS website at work today, because AQTIS does not have an english page.  Most Quebec websites give you an option,  AQTIS does not.  Jen said ever so non-chalently:

"It's a french province! What do you expect?" 

Of course I argued with her. Because I know everything, even though I just lost $1,000,000.

"uhm helllo! It's bilingual, Jen!"
"Nope. The only real bilingual province in Canada is New Brunswick"

Yes it's true. Becca Arsenault is not worthy of her last name. Or a million big ones.
Time for my New Years Resolution of taking french courses to take effect...I will begin immediately by watching Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' 'La Belle et la Bete' en francais. Looking forward to Mrs. Potts  as a madame.

1 comment:

  1. Continue by watching another French classic, Charles Perrault's "La Belle au Bois Dormant".

    But only with a guest.

    ReplyDelete