i heart learning

i heart learning

Monday, February 28, 2011

my champagne birthday

Today i turned 28.
It is February 28th.
It is my champagne birthday.
I have not had champagne today. But 3 days ago at my birthday dinner I had some alcohol-free bubbly. This counts, I think. My boyfriend's father disagrees.

They say (don't ask me who 'they' are) that 'you learn something new every day.' I learned three things today.

I learned that the animator Frank Thomas was 28 when he was chosen by Walt Disney to go on a special excursion to South America. He was the only animator to go on the trip. He must have been Walt's favorite. That drives me crazy. Now I'm also 28 and am no where as far along as Frank was. I want to be the favorite of someone important. I must work on this.

Coincidentally on another Disney note - today I learned that John Wayne Gacy painted pictures of the seven dwarfs and auctioned them off. You can buy them online at murderauction.com.
Of course I wikipedia'd him and learned my third fact for the day - That he has been dead since 1994. So he isn't painting anymore. I think I am as good a painter as he is. I mean was.

I am not sure yet how important it is to know how I learn my new facts, but if you want to know...

I learned the Frank Thomas thing from a documentary I PVR'd called 'Walt & El Grupo.'

I learned the JWG tiddies in a domino sort of way. I first learned about murderauction.com. It was in the news because another creepo in the news (that cult leader, roch theriault who was killed in jail yesterday) also had his artwork on that site...one thing leads to another and BAM - I'm learning about a serial killer with a soft spot for little men in the woods.

It is interesting to note that everything I learned today was about Disney. Oh, except the 1994 death of John Wayne G. That has absolutely nothing to do with Disney.

3 comments:

  1. Why do they call it champagne birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me look it up.
    'A person's Golden or Grand Birthday, also referred to as their "Lucky Birthday", "Champagne Birthday" or "Star Birthday", occurs when they turn the age of their birth day (e.g., when someone born on the 25th of the month turns 25'
    It doesn't say anything about where it came from - when was yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you lady! xox

    Sammy

    ReplyDelete